9.19.2009

school girl

[above: 2nd day of school photos. amy, i accidentally erased my 1st day photo... :( hope this suffices.]

i know. it's been a while. here's the life update:

in general, i...

*have hair down to my waist, and might chop it all off for locks of love...next week?
*still sometimes write in all lowercase letters...just for kicks
*wasn't going to blog until i blogged about figure drawing and advertising....dangit.
*am still determined to blog about said subjects (it's photographing the images that takes time)
*still heart art

this summer, i...

*only took two days off work for fun purposes...and was sick for both
*went jet skiing and camping and to park city for those days
*went off of sugar for a while (yay me!)
*had some awesome sister bonding moments and days
*decided to start doing freelance photography (you can check my online portfolio on the right for a small sample)
*got released from the r.s. presidency and called to be a sunday school teacher...then got called to be a relief society teacher for the other relief society in our ward

regarding school, i...

*got into the illustration BFA! as of april.
*will be a senior this year...and next...and possibly next
*am taking four art classes (illustration II, narrative I, gesture drawing, and advanced figure drawing...for the 3rd time) and one other class...guitar (for the 3rd time).
*think it's pretty cool that all my art classes i'm taking are being taught by the heads of the illustration and animation departments (bob barrett, bethanne anderson, richard hull, and ryan woodward)
*got BFA studio space, which is handy and helpful
*have had 6 major headaches in the first 3 weeks of school, with 1 full migraine
*am trying really hard to be healthy regardless of the endless projects
*have straight classes from 1pm-8pm on tuesdays and thursdays

currently i...

*am still dating zachary, who's wonderful (& he got into the philharmonic orchestra this year, yay!)
*still love jambas
*miss being with people. i do...lots of art. lots. you can come visit me when i paint in my basement. really.
*am still contemplating a mission
*ache for some of my family members with their current trials
*pray...lots (hopefully this isn't just "currently")
*am realizing the that "the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." (v.20)

i also...

*joined a health competition! check this out. it's been difficult because of my schedule.
*have gotten more comments on my long hair these last few weeks than i EVER have...i might not cut my hair just yet....
*am missing the first part of the first BYU home game. i'd best be off.

that's about it. i promise to post more soonish.

12 comments:

AudyCamp said...

Kristin, good to hear about what you've been up to! :) I can't believe your hair is so long...does it grow super fast? Give my best wishes to your fam.

Define Benjamin & Heather said...

;-)

Clancy and Katie Black said...

I just love ya Kristin!It was great to get updated in all areas of your life. Sounds like things are going great!

Kanani said...

Your pictures are so adorable, and so are you!

Aym said...

love love love! i'm so happy that we have a first day of school tradition!

Sarah said...

The BFA space is SO convenient. And its great to have someone to chat with :D

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

So I love that you took school pictures! haha
I want to hear more about this Zach.
and I believe you should donate your hair to locks of love, I did it when I cut my hair. It's the only thing worth cutting your hair for.
Post pictures if you do decide to chop chop.

Josh said...

KWISTIN! I decided that I'm a jerk for never having commented on your blog. THAT is about to change starting.... well... now. Thanks for everything Kristin.

--jeff * said...

hooray for first (and second) day of school pics! you look great (the scarf boldly states, "i'm a seriously dang artist" without any pretension.)

and way to be awesome in more ways than i can remember to comment on. i think being a painter is very cool, even if you are in your basement a lot.

Nancee (aka Nana) said...

Hi there! Thanks for the comment on my blog! Great to hear from you again. Sounds like you've been busy. Love your update post. And I love your hair...and vote no on cutting it soon. (even though it would probably look darling short too, because you're so cute!)

I got my fonts off of kevinandamanda.com. Can't remember which font...but there are tons of free ones. Check it out!

Best with school, life, etc. I served a mission...changed my life. But there are other worthy things to do as well...lots to think about for you!

Tricia said...

Kristin...sorry, that last comment from "Nancee" was really from me, Tricia! My mom-in-law is visiting and has been on my computer...
Bye for now!

Whitney said...

You are absolutely adorable.