11.02.2008

i need sundays.

My thoughts are utterly jumbled.

Today has been amazing...just what I didn't realize that I desperately needed until it happened. So many times lately, I make a decision then wonder if I'm doing the right thing, or the best thing. Never are my choices between good and bad; they're always between good and better, or better and best...and I find it is sometimes a very fuzzy line that separates these distinctions. Reminds me of Elder Oaks' conference talk. Anyway, tender mercy upon tender mercy has presented itself to me today, and it reminded me of part of one of my very favorite quotes by Boyd K. Packer:

"Somewhere in your quest for spiritual knowledge, there is that "leap of faith" as the philosophers call it. It is the moment when you have gone to the edge of the light and stepped into the darkness to discover that the way is lighted ahead for just a footstep or two..."

He's talking about gaining a testimony of the gospel of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints, of which I am a firm member, but I think it applies to more than just that. This just keeps coming back to me. Is it possible to re-epiphany?

Life is so hard at times, but so good. How lucky I am.

4 comments:

AudyCamp said...

Don't you love those tender mercy moments!! How blessed we are to have them. I hear ya sista! Glad it was a good day:)

--jeff * said...

i love the sabbath.
i don't know what i'd do without it.

Jefe said...

You inspire me :)

ktln said...

You're not just lucky, you are BLESSED. Love ya! :)