jeff tagged me a while ago and i've been thinking about what i wanted to write ever since. (not like this is going to be a very profound post or anything, just very thought-provoking for me.)
6 lesser-known things about myself~
1. more often than most people i know, i long to have a one-way glass bubble shield around me. it'd look somewhat like the hamster named Rhino in Bolt, except that i would be able to see people and they wouldn't see me (or the bubble, for that matter)...and i'd probably be less furry. i love people-watching but sometimes people act differently if they know they're being watched. i really do think about this more than is probably necessary. in a non-creepy, non-stalkerish kind of way.
2. i can't roll my tongue...or whistle. i'm very untalented as far as that goes. i know that tongue-rolling is genetic, but my older sister robin can just because she was stubborn enough to learn how to, regardless. i don't think i have that drive. maybe someday.
3. i absolutely love words. one of my all-time favorite books is "30 days to a more powerful vocabulary" and we used it in my ap english class. i love journal-writing. and i enjoy editing papers.
4. i may or may not have a piece of glass stuck in the bottom of my foot. a very long time ago, i was walking with my friend marie dayton in the provo river in lion's park. i stepped on glass and got out of the water, leaving bloody footprints, and her mom had to perform a little operation right then and there to get it out. to this day it still hurts at times, and there is definitely still a bump. we may never know if there's still something there....
5. i have a fascination with little things. anything that is smaller than it should be or smaller than it's usually thought of. for example, i love little boxes. i also love little notes. little photos. little baskets. little books. little vials. little...whatever. so long as it's little.
6. something that really excites me is when i have a musical connection with people. it's quite possible this is not as cheesy as it sounds, but i recently realized that most of my closest friends are those who share the same love of music as i do. this can be due to similar tastes in music, or a love of sharing new kinds of music with each other, or playing instruments or singing together, or sharing similar experiences (such as choir) together. however, musicality is not a requirement for friendship.
well...there you go.
i tag jess, laura (both of 'em), thomas, jefe mabey, and kaylie.