in recent news:
1) if you've been here before, you can tell my blog obviously had a face lift. it's a totally different look, and i can't tell if i like it yet. i just realized a lot of my previous posts have been formatted specifically for the previous template, so if you find any invisible text or pictures that are cut off, please leave me a comment and let me know! also if you have any ideas or feedback, i'd love to know.
2) the semester turned out to be crazy, like always. but i'm back, and i'll try to catch up! (remember how i started to tell you about my winter '09 semester? i still need to post those....) so this week, i'll try to catch up--post all the half-written posts that i've been meaning to publish for some time.
i'll do that this week, because next week...
3) i'll be in new york! huzzah!
i got an internship with brett helquist (check out his stuff--he's great!) and another with the society of illustrators (i was told to contact annelle miller, who sounds pretty great!) and i'm super excited. i'll be there from may 21 - july 2. back just in time for the 4th of july, but also just missing zach's birthday by 2 days. how that happens, i don't know!...bad-girlfriend points...grumble....
4) anyway, i still have no housing. i'm in the middle of applying for the international house, but chances are slim they'd have room and it would cost a pretty penny (oodles of pennies, actually, regardless of how they look). so if anyone has new york connections, again-- please help a girl out.
5) i just noticed there are no pictures for this exciting post. let's fix that:
there. some gumballs for you. i'll post paintings and other photos later.
meanwhile, i'll settle in and try to get used to my blog's new look. don't worry...she's still the same blog. good and old. promise. hopefully i'll feel warmed up to on my online home before i get to the big apple (does that sound as pathetic as i think it does?), because as soon as i get there i'm on my own, and i'm pretty sure i'll want some sort of attachment to my real home. :)